The Radiology Department at Case Medical Centre is a fully equipped unit with most of the specialized State of Art Equipment. It functions 24hours and 7 days in a week.RADIOLOGY DEPT has recently acquired:- STATE of the ART (Computerized Tomography) CT SCAN (64 slides). Operational 24 hours daily.MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) MACHINE.
The department is equipped with:-
6 Radiographers/ Sonographers
3 Consultant Radiologists.
The Unit handles between 25 to 40 Ultrasound examinations and 15 to 25 X-Rays.
The newly installed Duo Diagnostic X-ray Machine handles a wide range of Plain Radiography and Fluoroscopy Examinations.
The unit also has:
Portable Radiography and Ultrasound Machines for patients who cannot be brought to the department.
These high tech investigations include:
1. Barium studies.
2. Water soluble contrasted studies (Hysterosalpingography, cystourethrography, intravenous pyelography, sialography, fistulograghy, sinography).
3. Vasculray studies like venography.
The department has state-of-the-art Ultrasound equipment doing the following examinations:
2. Pelvic scans
5. Vascular Ultrasound
6. Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
7. Small parts Ultrasound (Orbits, Thyroid, Breast, Scrotal etc)
8. Cranial (brain) Ultrasound in children below 2 years
9. 3D/4D scans
11. Endorectal Ultrasound Scan.
Patients undergoing operations and need X-rays are catered for by state-of-the-art Theatre and C-Arm Radiography.